Use of this Website
You agree not to:
- Use the website for anything illegal
- Compromise the security of the website
- Do anything that may corrupt or impair the performance of the website
- Attempt to access any secure area of the website
- Impair anyone else’s enjoyment or use of the website
- Contribute any unlawful, obscene, distressing, harassing, defamatory, discriminatory or offensive material
- Do anything that may infringe the rights of others, including any copyright rights.
If you contribute to the site, you agree to the following conditions:
- Your contribution will be made publicly available via the Essex Sounds website, unless you specify otherwise at the time of submission.
- All material added to the Essex Sounds website will be licensed under a Creative Commons (Attribution-NonCommercial) licence.
- The Essex Sound and Video Archive (ESVA) may ask you for permission to add your material to the ESVA collections. You can stipulate the conditions under which the material will be added: whether a gift or deposit, and the ways in which we may use the material.
- You may ask to submit material only to ESVA collections and not to the Essex Sounds website.
- You may only submit material of which you hold copyright, or where you have obtained permission from all copyright holders to submit the material. You can retain the right to be identified as the creator of the material.
- You may only submit material once you have obtained permission from any identifiable individuals featured in the material. If any person identifiable is under the age of 16 you will need the consent of their parent or legal guardian before you submit the contribution.
- Material may be added anonymously, but the ESVA requires a contact name and e-mail address as a minimum to identify the rights holder.
- You are responsible for informing the ESVA of any change of contact details.
- You may not submit material that is unlawful, obscene, distressing, harassing, defamatory, discriminatory or offensive material. ESVA staff will have the final say in such matters.
- You may not submit material that is malicious or harmful and could put the service or other users at risk.
- You may at any point request that your material be removed from the Essex Sounds website and/or from the ESVA collections.
- The ESVA reserves the right to remove any material submitted through the Essex Sounds website.
- The ESVA does not guarantee that the website and the material uploaded to it will be preserved and made accessible indefinitely.
- If recording at your place of work, please check with your employer first, and be careful that you are not betraying any client confidences.
- Staged or recorded musical or spoken-word performances are subject to copyright restrictions and should not be recorded without prior permission.
- It is an offense to interfere with wild animals under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981. If recording wildlife, please ensure that you do not disturb the animals in any way. If you are unsure, please contact your nearest wildlife authority.
When you make a contribution please consider your own safety and the safety of others. You must not give out your own or anyone else’s contact details or other personal information (beyond supplying the editors of the site with your own contact e-mail address). If you are under 16 and would like to make a contribution to the site, you must obtain your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission each time you do so, and you must show them the contribution you wish to make for their approval.
Usage of Material on this Website
Usage of material on this website must be in accordance with the Copyright Statement. Please refer to the Copyright Statement.
There are links to external websites from this site. Those sites do not operate under a Creative Commons licence and you must request the relevant permissions before you reproduce any of the material from those sites.
Limitation of Liability
Whilst the editors of this site make every effort to keep the information on this web site accurate, the majority of information comes from the general public. We therefore disclaim any warranty or representation, express or implied about its accuracy, completeness or appropriateness for a particular purpose.
You agree to assume full responsibility for using the information on the site, and you understand and agree that the editors of the site are not responsible or liable for any claim, loss or damage resulting from its use.
The site contains links to external websites. We accept no liability for the content, performance, accuracy, privacy or availability of external websites. Views expressed on external websites and on any social networking services do not necessarily represent the views of or endorsement by this website.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
Unless otherwise stated, the text, audio, video, images, and the compilation of information contained in the Essex Sounds website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial Licence. The text, graphics, and artwork are protected by copyright. Copyright owners are identified as the author, in the captions and in the credit lines for each article.
You must obtain permission from any relevant copyright owners to republish copyrighted material on a public web site or within a work for publication in any medium. Such use may be subject to reproduction fees, and the source of the material and its copyright status must be acknowledged.
The collective content of this website is protected by copyright laws under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. Every effort has been made to establish the copyright holders of the material presented. However, if visitors consider that they own the copyright to any material and can provide the necessary documentation, please contact us so that we may credit the materials properly or remove them. See our Takedown Policy for more information.
The contents of this copyright statement may be amended in the future. It is your responsibility to check the statement each time you plan to reproduce material from the website.
There are links to external websites from the Essex Sounds site which operate their own individual copyright requirements. Please request the relevant permissions before you reproduce any of the material from those sites.